Netflix is finally bringing Stranger Things back for Season 2, and fans can’t wait to see what’s happening next in the world of the Upside Down. The series will be released all at once, just in time for Halloween, on Friday, October 27. But exactly what time should you start looking for the newest season of Stranger Things? Historically, Netflix shows become available around 3 a.m. Eastern on the release date. But sometimes Netflix throws a curveball and releases a series a little later than that, such as when it released Season 3 of House of Cards at 6 a.m. Eastern.
However, that season was outside the norm. In May, Netflix in Australia and New Zealand tweeted that Netflix originals will always be released at midnight Pacific (and simultaneously around the world.)
If Netflix holds true to its release times from its past series, then you can expect Stranger Things to release on Friday, October 27 at the following times:
In the U.S. (October 27):
- 12 a.m. Pacific
- 1 a.m. Mountain Daylight
- 2 a.m. Central
- 3 a.m. Eastern
- 9 p.m. Hawaii (October 26)
- 11 p.m. Alaska (October 26)
- Outside the U.S. (October 27):
- 5 p.m. Queensland
- 6 p.m. Eastern Daylight AU
- 5:30 p.m. South Australia
- 4:30 p.m. Northern Territory
- 3 p.m. Western Australia
- 8 p.m. New Zealand
- 7 a.m. GMT
- 9 a.m. Central European Time
- 4 p.m. Japan/South Korea
- 2 p.m. Indochina Time
- 11 a.m. Gulf Standard Time
- 3 p.m. China/Philippines/Malaysia
- 10 a.m. Eastern Europe Summer Time
It’s important to note that none of these times are officially confirmed, but are based on the times that Netflix has previously released its original series. Any time is subject to change without warning.
If you notice that Stranger Things is released earlier, let us know in the comments below.
- To stream the series, you just have to click here to go to the title’s Netflix page. Watch a preview of Season 2 of Stranger Things below. Just like last season, Stranger Things 2 will have eight episodes.