Are you on the hunt a perfect gift for your child? Air hockey is a game that not only provides hours and hours of entertainment, but also helps develop hand-eye coordination and other motor skills.
We’ve compiled a list of some of the most popular air hockey tables for kids on the market today to help you make your decision. We’ll talk about a few different models, including tabletop, full standing, and folding leg air hockey tables. Tabletops are the most compact, while the full standing and folding leg tables tend to take up a little more space. But none of the tables are longer than five feet, so finding an area in your home for it shouldn’t be an issue.
All of the tables below include pucks and paddles (also known as handles and strikers, among others), and, when needed, AC power adapters. Also, assembly is required on all of the items, but only minor.
Continue reading below to see some of the highest rated air hockey tables for kids.
Note: this list is in no particular order
1. Playcraft Sport 40-Inch Table Top Air Hockey
Playcraft Sport 40-Inch Table Top Air Hockey is perfect for young kids or those air hockey fans with limited space. It might be only a bit over 3 feet long, but it’s built durably. With a frame constructed of MDF hardwood you can expect stability and resilience during intense play. And the air system, while not tremendously powerful, is a UL-approved, 100-cubic-foot-per-minute motor.
Other highlights include an ABS puck catcher which allows for quick return after a goal, scoring arrows which go up to 9, and the purchase includes 2 pucks and 2 strikers (paddles). The pucks and paddles are smaller to accommodate the size of the table. The full dimensions are 40 inches long by 20 inches wide by 8 inches high.
Buy the Playcraft Sport 40-Inch Table Top Air Hockey here.
- ABS puck catcher gives quick return
- Solid MDF hardwood construction ensures durability and stability
- UL-approved 100 cubic-foot-per-minute air-powered motor
- The bottom of the legs have no rubber or traction; could damage table tops if you don’t cover it
- Some users felt the scoring arrow fell off easily
Find more Playcraft Sport 40-Inch Table Top Air Hockey information and reviews here.
2. Sport Squad HX40 Electric Powered Air Hockey Table
The HX40 Electric Powered Air Hockey Table from Sport Squad fits perfectly on a table top for hours of entertainment. And don’t worry, the HX40 has non-marking rubber on the bottom of the feet to prevent scratches and other damage. The fan is electrically-powered and maintains continuous and even airflow for exciting action.
There are manual score arrows on each side that go up to 9 and when a goal is scored it quickly shoots down the puck return for easy access. Also included are 2 plastic pucks, 2 paddles, and AC wall adapter. The full dimensions are 40 inches long by 20 inches wide by 5 inches high. There is some assembly required, but very little.
Buy the Sport Squad HX40 Electric Powered Air Hockey Table here.
- Constructed of durable wood
- Non-marking rubber pads on the feet to prevent scratches
- Air motor is not loud
- Probably can’t play on the floor since the depth is only 5 inches
- Users thought the AC adapter cord was too short
Find more Sport Squad HX40 Electric Powered Air Hockey Table information and reviews here.
3. Harvil 4 Foot Air Hockey Game Table
The Harvil 4 Foot Air Hockey Game Table is bringing a brand new design and improvements for 2018. Some of the upgraded features include an improved electronic scorer, a faster fan for speedier play, and wider goals for easy puck retrieval. The table stands on sturdy L-shaped legs, which have adjustable levelers for extra stability. The legs can be removed to make storage easier.
The dimensions are as follows: 48 inches long (47 inch playing surface), 24 inches wide (23 inch playing surface) and it stands 31 inches high. It weighs 28 pounds. The purchase includes 2 orange pucks, 2 orange paddles, and a money back guarantee and 90-day warranty for parts replacement.
Buy the Harvil 4 Foot Air Hockey Game Table here.
- Electronic scoring (needs 2 AA batteries, not included) & manual scorers
- Brand new design for 2018 includes faster fan speed
- Money back guarantee and 90-day warranty on parts
- Some users had issues with the scorer (kept wrong score, shut off, etc.)
- Assembly required and some found it difficult
Find more Harvil 4 Foot Air Hockey Game Table information and reviews here.
4. Goplus 42 Inch Air Powered Hockey Table
The Goplus 42 Inch Air Powered Hockey Table is a table top design which features electronic scoring. But if you’d prefer to keep track yourself, there are also manual scoring arrows on each goal. The electronic scoreboard runs on 2 AAA batteries, though those aren’t included in the purchase.
The table is 42 inches long and 21 inches, so it provides a little extra area to play compared to other table top models. It stands on 4 legs and is 12 inches high, and while it’s ideal for a table, you might be able to get by playing on the floor, as long as it’s a flat surface. It’In the package you’ll receive 2 pucks, 2 handles, and an AC adapter. Some simple assembly is required.
Buy the Goplus 42 Inch Air Powered Hockey Table here.
- Electronic and manual scoring options
- 12 Volt DC air-powered motor
- Low price
- Table legs are rather thin; might not be as sturdy as others
- You’ll need to supply your own batteries for the scoreboard (2 AAA)
Find more Goplus 42 Inch Air Powered Hockey Table information and reviews here.
5. MD Sports Foldable 48 Inch Air Powered Hockey Game Table
The first foldable model comes from MD Sports and it provides a large 4-foot long “ice” area. The full dimensions of the table are 48 inches long, 24 inches wide, and 30 inches high. The legs are pre-assembled and all you need to do is fold them down for easy storage. The height of the table when folded is just 4.75 inches.
The table has a UL-certified motor, which provides ample and even air flow for fast-paced play. There are two different scoring methods — there’s an electronic scoreboard and then each goal has a manual scoring arrow. The bundle also includes 2 pucks and 2 paddles.
Buy the MD Sports Foldable 48 Inch Air Powered Hockey Game Table here.
- Easy-to-fold legs are pre-assembled
- UL-certified motor provides excellent air flow
- Low price
- The puck retrieval area is small; might not be able to grab it very easily
- Does not come with batteries for electronic scoreboard (2 AAA)
Find more MD Sports Foldable 48 Inch Air Powered Hockey Game Table information and reviews here.
6. Best Choice Products Sport 40 Inch Air Hockey Table
The Best Choice Products Sport Air Hockey Table offers durability, style, and high performance. The table measures 40 inches long by 20 inches wide and 8.5 inches high (assembly required on the 4 legs). Included are 2 pucks (2.25 inch diameter) and 2 paddles.
As for the table features, it has a durable MDF wood frame with a detailed maple finish so it really stands out. The air-powered motor is 100 volt and UL-certified so you can be sure you’ll get an even flow of air which will promote smooth puck movement. This can be used either on a table top or on the floor.
Buy the Best Choice Products Sport 40 Inch Air Hockey Table here.
- Durable MDF wood frame with detailed maple finish
- UL-certified, 100 volt fan motor
- The fan is quiet
- No electronic scoring
- Some may find the assembly difficult
Find more Best Choice Products Sport 40 Inch Air Hockey Table information and reviews here.
7. Hathaway Rapid Fire 42-Inch 3-in-1 Air Hockey Multi-Game Table
The Hathaway Multi-Game Table packs in 3 entertaining games for hours of fun. In addition to traditional air hockey, there’s also a shooting hockey game (see the photo above), and a soccer shootout game (see the photo below). The bundle includes 2 pucks and 2 paddles for air hockey, 2 hockey sticks and a ball for the hockey shootout, and a ball for the soccer shootout game.
The table measures 42 inches long by 20 inches wide and 28 inches high, and the air hockey playing surface is 41.3 inches by 19.4 inches. The surface is poly-sealed and scratch-resistant, and features a 110 volt, UL-certified electric blower. There are both electronic and manual scoring options (2 AAA needed for the electronic scoring and they’re not included). The frame is a strong and sturdy carb certified MDF material for added durability.
To play the other games, simply attach the included screens, which have 2 holes with mesh pockets to catch your shots.
Buy the Hathaway Rapid Fire 42-Inch 3-in-1 Air Hockey Multi-Game Table here.
- You get 3 games in 1 with the table
- The air hockey motor is 110 volt and UL-certified
- Made of durable certified MDF material
- Assembly required may be difficult for some
- On the pricey side
Find more Hathaway Rapid Fire 42-Inch 3-in-1 Air Hockey Multi-Game Table information and reviews here.
8. Harvil 40-Inch Tabletop Air Hockey Table
Harvil’s second entry on the list is a table top version, which is highlighted by a powerful CUL-certified, AC-12V motor which provides excellent airflow, for even and fast play. It measures a generous 40 inches long by 19.6 inches wide by 8 inches high.
The table is durably and attractively made, constructed of dense fiber wood with 4 sturdy legs which have blue and black finish, and the surface features vibrant graphics. There are manual scoring arrows conveniently built on top of each goal (no electronic scoring option). With the purchase you also receive 2 yellow pucks, 2 yellow handles, an AC adapter for the fan, and a money back guarantee.
Buy the Harvil 40-Inch Tabletop Air Hockey Table here.
- Made of dense fiber wood and supported by sturdy legs
- CUL-certified, AC-12V motor promotes faster play
- Money back guarantee and parts warranty
- No electronic scoring option
- A little more expensive than many models this size
Find more Harvil 40-Inch Tabletop Air Hockey Table information and reviews here.
9. 24 Inch Mini Tabletop Air Hockey Game Table by Keess Toys
Now here’s one for the littlest and newest players out there — the Mini Tabletop Air Hockey Game from Keess Toys. It measures just 24 inches long by 13 inches wide by 5.5 inches high, and weighs approximately 6 pounds. It easily fits on a table or the floor and will lend hours of fun for the young ones (recommended for ages 5 and up), as well as help to develop hand-eye coordination skills. There are also manual scoring arrows on each goal.
It runs on 6 AA batteries, which aren’t included, and some assembly is required, though it comes with everything you need to put it together. The bundle includes 2 pucks, 2 paddles, and a 60 day limited warranty for parts and accessories.
Buy the 24 Inch Mini Tabletop Air Hockey Game Table by Keess Toys here.
- Ideal for very young children (5 and up)
- Helps develop hand-eye coordination
- Lightweight (approximately 6 pounds) and easy to move and store
- Made of plastic so likely not as durable
- Batteries not included; needs 6 AA
Find more 24 Inch Mini Tabletop Air Hockey Game Table by Keess Toys information and reviews here.
10. Redline Acclaim Hockey Table
Redline’s Acclaim Hockey Table offers plenty of playing area as it measures 4.5 feet in length. And the PVC laminated surface and 110V motor promote steady and even airflow for smooth fast-paced play. When assembled, the table is also 27 inches wide and 30 1/8 inches high.
Some assembly is required, but once put together, the table is sturdy and designed to handle the most intense action. It has 3 1/4 inch L-style legs with end and side aprons for added stability. Other features include slide scoring, external puck catchers for easy retrieval after goals, and the set includes 2 pucks and 2 handles.
Price: $150.26 (35 percent off MSRP)
Buy the Redline Acclaim Hockey Table here.
- Powerful 110V motor with on/off switch
- PVC laminated surface for smooth, fast play
- End and side aprons for extra stability
- No electronic scoring option
- On the pricey side