The always anticipated series of matches between England and Australia, otherwise known as The Ashes, gets underway on Thursday, November 23 (Wednesday if you’re in the United States), with the 1st Test taking place in Brisbane. The five Test matches will take place on November 23, December 2, December 14, December 26 and January 23, while the five ODI’s will take place on January 14, January 19, January 21, January 26 and January 28.
If you’re looking to watch any of The Ashes online, there are a number of different live stream options, depending on what country you live in. Here’s a complete rundown of your options:
How to Watch The Ashes Live Stream if You’re in the United States
With all the matches being broadcast on Willow HD or Willow Xtra, viewers in the United States can watch coverage on Sling TV, an online streaming service that provides access to select channels for a monthly fee. Here’s how to sign up for a free 7-day trial:
1) Go to the Sling TV website
2) Click on “Watch Now 7 Days Free”
3) Create an account
4) Select the channel package or packages you want. You can pick either “Sling Orange” or “Sling Blue” as your base package, but make sure to include the “World Cricket Extra” add-on, which includes Willow HD and Willow Xtra
5) Enter your payment information. Sling Orange costs $20 per month and Sling Blue costs $25 per month, while the World Cricket Extra add-on is $5 per month, but if you cancel your subscription within seven days of signing up, you will not be charged
6) You can then either watch on your computer via the Sling TV website, or on your phone, tablet or streaming device via the Sling TV app
How to Watch The Ashes Live Stream if You’re in Australia
With the matches being broadcast on Channel 9, viewers in Australia with a Foxtel Sports subscription can watch a live stream of the match via Foxtel Go.
If you don’t have a cable subscription, you can watch on Foxtel Play, a streaming-only service that allows access to live Foxtel programming. A subscription costs a monthly fee, but a two-week free trial is offered.
Additionally, Foxtel Go and Foxtel Play users can watch a live stream of the match on mobile and other streaming devices via the Foxtel Go app, which is free to download in the following locations:
Google Play Store
How to Watch The Ashes Live Stream if You’re in the UK
In the UK, matches will be broadcast on BT Sport. As such, if you subscribe to the BT Sport Pack on either BT Sport or Sky, you can watch a live stream via BTSport.com. You’ll need to log-in with a BT ID and password to authenticate the stream.
Mobile or Other Streaming Devices
If you’re a BT Sport Pack subscriber, you can watch on mobile or streaming devices via the BT Sport app, which is free to download in the following locations:
Google Play Store
Windows App Store