It’s Memorial Day weekend and we must remember that this is a time to celebrate our loved ones and remember those who died in active military service over the years. The day is observed on the last Monday in May each year, though it was originally honored on May 30th. Let’s pay tribute to those who have lost their lives in our patriotic quotes, sayings and phrases for Memorial Day.
1. The average American is nothing if not patriotic.
– Herbert Croly
2. A hero is someone who has given his of her life to something bigger than oneself.
– Joseph Campbell
3. Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life.
– Bob Marley
4. Part of the American dream is to live long and die young. Only those Americans who are willing to die for their country are fit to live.
– Douglas MacArthur
5. The brave die never, though they sleep in dust: Their courage nerves a thousand living men.
– Minot J. Savage
6. I have long believed that sacrifice is the pinnacle of patriotism.
– Bob Riley
7. The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example.
– Benjamin Disraeli
8. The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.
9. The dead soldier’s silence sings our national anthem..
– Aaron Kilbourn
10. There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens can not cure.
– Dwight David Eisenhower
11. Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
– Mark Twain
12. A man’s country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers and woods, it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.
– George William Curtis
13. I have long believed that sacrifice is the pinnacle of patriotism.
– Bob Riley
14. America is hope. It is compassion. It is excellence. It is valor.
– Paul Tsongas
15. There is nothing nobler than risking your life for your country.
– Nick Lampson
16. The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.
– Jeff Miller
17. Memorial Day isn’t just about honoring veterans, its honoring those who lost their lives. Veterans had the fortune of coming home. For us, that’s a reminder of when we come home we still have a responsibility to serve. It’s a continuation of service that honors our country and those who fell defending it.
– Pete Hegseth
18. 137 years later, Memorial Day remains one of America’s most cherished patriotic observances. The spirit of this day has not changed – it remains a day to honor those who died defending our freedom and democracy.
– Doc Hastings
19. Memorial Day this year is especially important as we are reminded almost daily of the great sacrifices that the men and women of the Armed Services make to defend our way of life.
– Robin Hayes
20. On Memorial Day, I don’t want to only remember the combatants. There were also those who came out of the trenches as writers and poets, who started preaching peace, men and women who have made this world a kinder place to live.
– Eric Burdon
Famous Memorial Day Quotes for 2016
Memorial Day 2016 is a time to remember those who sacrificed their lives for their countries and loved ones. Use the best quotes, phrases and sayings to do so.
Click here to read more
Is There Garbage Pickup On Memorial Day 2017?
It’s Memorial Day weekend and some places are closed. What is the deal with trash pickup and recycling for Monday? Is there garbage pickup?
Click here to read more